KFC In Court!


KFC were recently ordered to pay $8.3 million to a family in New South Wales, Australia.

Monika Samaan, caught salmonella poisoning after eating a “Twister” wrap meal from KFC, it is thought that the undercooked chicken in the wrap caused the severe salmonella which eventually led to brain damage, leaving Monika wheelchair-bound.

Yum! the owners of KFC, were of course deeply apologetic to the Samaan family, though also defended their position as a “provider of safe, high quality food”.

The incident is a few years old now, the Samaans’ lawyer was relieved with the ruling in the Supreme Court, however Yum! have stated that they are not happy with the level of evidence in the case, and plan to appeal.

Share your thoughts here, or on the forum.

Related posts:

This entry was posted in KFC, News, Recent stories, Strange stories and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Login to Fast Food Forum

Hot Topics

Fast Food Latest

Submit an Article or Image